Phase One Plans: Completed in November 2009
Phase One Entry and Front House Improvements COMPLETED
- Code compliant exit doors.
- Future space for marquee lighting for athletic, public and theatrical events.
- Outside gathering space including planters, sidewalk and benches.
- New display areas for art and other visual exhibits.
- Flexible box office for ticket sales, displays and concessions.
Phase One Auditorium Improvements COMPLETED
- Acoustic separation with vestibule entrance.
- Larger stage to enhance space for performances and exhibits.
- Flexible 600 seat capacity.
- Balcony level seating.
- Improved acoustics.
- Upgrades to theater lighting.
- New lighting catwalks and safer access points to catwalks.
- Upgrades to sound system including assisted hearing devices.
- ADA compliant seating.
- Greater storage space.
- Climate control.
- NFPA compliant fire protection system.
click the above image to see full-size floor plan
Artistic Renderings including Phase Two Concepts
Renderings are by Carla Haskell, AIA, Design Group Collaborative, Architects
The Houlton Community Arts Center will include 13,000 sq. ft. of new construction. Changes/additions include:
- Separate band, chorus, theatre and dance space that meets national standards for student needs and use.
- Visual arts room integrated into a collaborative arts environment.
- Acoustic privacy for performance spaces.
- Increased and improved storage.
- Accessible nighttime rehearsal entrance
HHS Fine Arts Wing Comparison Chart forÂ Current Facilities as it relates to the new Arts Center
Existing Space in Square Feet
New Space in Square Feet
New Houlton Community Arts Center
|Shared band and chorus room||1144||3011||Band Room|
|Jr. High Office||200||200||Jr. High Office|
|Sr. High Office and storage||331 storage||200||Sr. High Office|
|Vocal Office||158||200||Vocal Office|
|Instrument storage||331||70 linear ft.500 sq. ft||Storage cabinets|
|2 practice rooms||75 and 72||64 (2)||Practice rooms|
|Percussion storage shared with theater equipment and sound equipment||200||394||Percussion storage& instrument repair|
|Stage equipment storage: risers, sets, scenery||400 loft spaceor on stage||914||Back stage storage|
|Instrumental music library||0||Combined1200||Instrumental and vocal music library, combined with costume loft|
|Vocal music library, costume loft, stage props storage||400|
|Art Room||920||1262||Art Room|
|Storage closet||0||50||Storage closet|
|Spray booth||0||50||Spray booth|
|Art gallery||0||Dedicated space||Entrance and lobbyarea|
|Dance studio and theater rehearsal space||0||1485||Combined dance and theater rehearsal room|
|Existing music area bathrooms||37 (two)||150 (two)||ADA Compliant Bathrooms|